White Tropical Play Sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

r6mason

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know where I can get some white tropical play sand. My home depot nor lowes has tropical sand :roll: I just want some aquarium safe white sand. I do not care if it has to be shipped.

TIA
Mason

How much do you need? We as a site might be able to scrounge up enough spair bags but shippings gonna be a bear with most bags weighting 50lbs or more.

i have a 100 gallon tank and want about 3 inches of sand.

So I am guessing about 3 50lbs bags???

I do not think that shipping would be as much as buying 3 50lbs of aragonite sand at the LFS @ $60 per bag. :D

how much do would you want for 150lbs?? I will see how much to ship through UPS

Looks like DHL will ship one 50lbs bag in a 24X24X24 box for $23.58.

Hi Brenden - I'm also in Texas and have been looking for some tropical play sand for a couple of weeks now. Not down here! Seems you just can't get it anywhere. I was about to go buy some silica base sand from a pool supply place. That's about my only choose for "cheap" sand. The LFS wants way too much for it and they only sell it in 15# bags. How much would you be willing to sell me some for? Do you have any left? Would you be willing to sell some? I'm needing about 3 bags.

Thanks

Ron Gleaves

okay it says I need 196lbs of sand for a 3 inch bed for a 100 gal.

I do not mind selling some sand to a few AA members. I have been helped a lot by people on this board. I have around $5 invested per bag. .4 cubic feet approx 50 lbs per bag. I will sell it at cost but tips are optional :wink:

Back
Top Bottom