Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-10-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
who ate my Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

I have two damsels, one clown, a cardinal small wrasse, small trigger and a Anthias, I put in a cleaner shrimp earlier today and i tonight i noticed he is gone, i checked everywhere and he is not hiding, i was curious to see who ate him, and if I should try to get another one or just forget about it. thanks

csu0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
I would guess the trigger

produceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:14 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
My vote is for the trigger as well...they are not reef safe and they are not invert safe!
Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:00 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
What kind of trigger is it and how small is "small"?
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:11 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Some wrasses will eat inverts also. Do you have a species name for the cardinal? I am not familiar w/ a "cardinal" wrasse and can't seem to find anything on them. What size tank are we talking about here?
MT79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:59 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to tecwzrd
The butler did it with the candle stick in the kitchen!

It could have been either fish but most cleaners tend to shed when put in new tanks and it could just be a better hider than you are a finder. Typically you see the shell the next day though.

Also did you drip acclimate it for 2 hours before adding to the main? If not it could have died on it's own (from the ph/sg shock) and the other fish or inverts were just cleaning up.

If you haven't figured it out yet I like to BOLD links :P

Vote for AA at Aqua Rank
tecwzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:33 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it an open top check to see if he jumped ...(we had one really jump) I would also say that the trigger or the wrasse ate him .... we had the same issue of cleaners being snacks till we found a crab not sure where he came from but just appeared .... from nowhere LOL .
Nanoreefing site
2 nanos
10 gallon ~6.5 gallon custom
Sadielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #8
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
As Sadie lynn said most likely it was the trigger or the wrasse but there are always surprises in out tank that cause problems. Maybe a late nite check after the lights have been off a few hrs. might be in order.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

ate, clean, cleaner, cleaner shrimp, rim, shrimp, skunk

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com