who ate my Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csu0811

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two damsels, one clown, a cardinal small wrasse, small trigger and a Anthias, I put in a cleaner shrimp earlier today and i tonight i noticed he is gone, i checked everywhere and he is not hiding, i was curious to see who ate him, and if I should try to get another one or just forget about it. thanks

What kind of trigger is it and how small is "small"?

Some wrasses will eat inverts also. Do you have a species name for the cardinal? I am not familiar w/ a "cardinal" wrasse and can't seem to find anything on them. What size tank are we talking about here?

The butler did it with the candle stick in the kitchen!

It could have been either fish but most cleaners tend to shed when put in new tanks and it could just be a better hider than you are a finder. Typically you see the shell the next day though.

Also did you drip acclimate it for 2 hours before adding to the main? If not it could have died on it's own (from the ph/sg shock) and the other fish or inverts were just cleaning up.

Is it an open top check to see if he jumped ...(we had one really jump) I would also say that the trigger or the wrasse ate him .... we had the same issue of cleaners being snacks till we found a crab not sure where he came from but just appeared .... from nowhere LOL .

As Sadie lynn said most likely it was the trigger or the wrasse but there are always surprises in out tank that cause problems. Maybe a late nite check after the lights have been off a few hrs. might be in order.

Back
Top Bottom