Why a 125 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefobsessed

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am wanting to upgrade to a larger tank. Why does 125 gallon seem to be the magic number?

Nice big size without being too huge, very common and therefore priced very reasonably, standard length for lighting, and an all around impressive looking tank without being too humongous.

Probably the best priced tank size in the medium to large tank arena.

Good luck, I am looking into large tanks too.

I'm looking to upgrade as well. I like the 6ft long tanks rather than the 7ft due to the height of the tank. I actually saw a really nice 150G that was the exact size I want but I don't know if my floor can handle another 40gallons plus added weight of rock/sand/etc...

JMO, but I've had several different sized tanks in the last decade or thereabouts. These have included a 75g, 55g, 125g, and 180g, and other, smaller tanks.

I would *far* prefer the 120g to the 125g. It is only 4 feet long (less lighting expense), but most importantly, I would never return to anything less than a 24" front-to-back depth. It gives you far more options for aquascaping, and much more room for items which are to be placed on the substrate.

If you really want the 6' length - go for the 180g (72" x 24" x 24").

HTH,

Back
Top Bottom