Why it become like this?? Funny looking Coral.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msuhaizie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi.. Anybody can tell me why my coral become like this.. This is normal? Why not elongate?

Attachments

• image-247461858.jpg
    image-247461858.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 154
"Goniopora sp. require PERFECT water conditions, the proper trace elements and the habitat must match its requirements. In general, the Red form of the Flower Pot Coral does better in an aquarium than other Gonipora sp. However, any damage to the meaty section of the True Red Flower Pot Coral almost always means a lost specimen. One can only do this Goniopora Coral justice by leaving its care to the experienced hobbyist with the expertise and time to keep the coral properly."

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+321+466&pcatid=466

My husband bought one of these things. I made him return it! I've read when they die (and even the best tanks kill em after a few years at longest) that they can crash your tank. They are awesome to look at, but I'm not willing to kill it or my other tank members. If your water isn't perfect it wot come out and it won't live. Sorry

How long it can withstand if no powet supply? It will going to die?

I have power supply n evrything but if power supply is suddenly stop when i just off to work how long it can survive?

Oh I don't know. But that's why a lot of people have back up generators on their tanks

Ok i'll buy a generator for my tank.. U can see the picture below.. Its look like a bomb n going to explode.. Huhss.. It scary lol.. Can anyone explain why? Anything lack? N how to feed it?

Attachments

• image-1671216433.jpg
    image-1671216433.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 147
What are all your parameters in your tank? How much flow is it receiving and what type of lights are you using? Goniopora is really difficult to sustain in captivity with is why I've never bought one unfortunately.

My ph 8, nitrate 5, nitrite 0, i dont know what type of bulb but it is 11watt for my 5g tank.. N i also forgot about my pump detail but my flow is quite heavy(turbulent)..

There are two problems here. 1) They are very difficult corals. Most places that sell them will sell them rated "For experts only". I have never heard of anyone having them for a sustained long period of time. 2) Your lighting is inadequate. You do not have enough lighting intensity (Par) for that coral IMO.

I dont know what to do now..huhss.. Sometime it looks healthy but when it expand like a bomb it scared me too much.. However it already expand untill a small portion of its body attached to live rock(small baby)

Attachments

• image-228517162.jpg
    image-228517162.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 132
This is picture for today.. Yesterday i put some calcium.. Am i doing the right thing?

Attachments

• image-1862143115.jpg
    image-1862143115.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 123
Actually im using 5 in 1 aquarium test strips n the value of KH and GH are 240 and 180 respectively.. What it suppose to be?

That's a test for water hardness. You need to test for calcium before treating. Actually need to test for everything before treating. I recommend actually getting the liquid tests as the strips are not that accurate. Maybe take a water sample into your LFS and ask them to test for everything so you know what exactly your water parameters are. Calcium levels need to be above 400.

In all reality, I would see if the store would take back the flower pot and let you pick out something more hardy. When those flower pots die, they can crash your whole tank. They are definitely not for beginners at all. Like I said before - even people that have had tanks running for years can only keep the flower pots alive for about a year and their water is PERFECT.

Can u link for water testing dat u use(liquid tester) to me? If i success to return it back i still got a little flower pot dat already successfull attached to my live rock yesterday.. And some part of my flower pot looks like trying to create another little flower pot(now its hanging).. Can u explain what r they trying to do?

Attachments

• image-1232804568.jpg
    image-1232804568.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3944931471.jpg
    image-3944931471.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 129
  • image-427066650.jpg
    image-427066650.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 123
Back
Top Bottom