Why PSB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msuhaizie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can anyone help me how to use PSB(photosynthesis bacteria) as a supplement? what r the benefit by using this supplement? Any suggestion rather than using PSB?

Would you please post a link to the product/products you are wanting to use. What are you wanting the product to acheive?

I'm guessing your not in the US. It took me a minute to find it but I did. Are you having a nitrate problem? How big is your tank? The product works by adding a bacteria that eats the waste. Another way to do this is by doing water changes.
Just curious, what made you want this? High nitrates? Hair algae? Cyano? Are you doing regular water changes?

I'm asian.. I'm using this product because of marine shop suggested to me as a supplement.. My tank just 5gallon n i done water changes once a week.. But i still got problem on nitrate.. Sometimes almost 10.. Do u hv any suggestion for another product?

I would do water changes. Also, what filter are you using? Can you get chemi-pure elite or purigen or both? I would keep doing water changes. Your nitrates aren't at critical levels so calm down and do water changes. A 5 gallon tank is hard to take care of. With the products recommended you will keep nitrates under control easily.

What r the benefit of using chemi-pure elite or purigen? As a supplement?

Chemipure elite is gfo and carbon. Basically it keeps water clear, free of smells, and keeps nitrates down. Purigen is an absorbant material that basically does the same thing but also helps reduce phoshates.

Back
Top Bottom