Will my LR live through shipping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swishyfishies

Aquarium Advice Activist
How long will LR be ok out of water? I had to order my LR from a place in Long Beach & I live in Missouri. It shipped Greyhound on Monday & was supposed to come in today but so far it hasn't arrived. It might come in on tonights last bus, if not I sure hope it shows tomorrow. I think it was shipped the usual way cardboard box w/wet newspaper.

Wow, well, I think that if it doesn't come today it might have some problems. I mean, tomorrow morning = 3 days of shipping. That is a lot. Where did you order from?

What do you mean by ok? It will have a lot of die off and need to be cured. As long as you understand that I would say that it will be ok.

Brian

Oh I know it'll have die off & I'm curing in it-tank myself. I'm not sure how long LR can be out of water before it dries out completely & everything dies of & then all you have is dead baserock. I assume that takes a good while.

there are other factors besides just bein "out of water" temperature humidity and air can all affect it. It's really all goign to depend on how well it was packaged and how well the actual transport went. Being that it was shipped via grey hound on a 3+day trip.. there will be a lot of die off but there should still be plenty left to restore itself.

you said you're doing this in-tank. there are no critters in that tank right?

Back
Top Bottom