Will My Tank Ever Be Clear Again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Water?

Aquarium Advice Activist
Saturday I purchased a pair of yellowheaded sleeper gobies. Sunday My whole tank was a cloud of fog. I expected to have some of that. But now it's Tuesday and it's still a mess. Will it ever clear up? Or is there something I should do?

does your filter have filter floss in it? if not thats definitly a to do... i keep floss out of my filter but as soon as some dust kicks up. clears up within 4-5 hours...

-Brad

Not sure what you mean by "filter floss" I have a 35gal refugium w/protein shimmker. I had taken the bio-ball out several months ago. Yesturday I put a filter pad in where the bio-balls were. Today some improvment but not much.

It eventually will clear up. Just an idea, can you maybe put some sponges before you get to the intake pumps to try and block alot of that down in the refuge. Just thinking out loud.

When I bought the sleeper gobies I bought them as a pair M/F. At the LFS and the first 24 hours they stayed close all the time. But now they don't get near each other. One seems to be more aggresive. If they are not a matched pair would it be wise to remove one? This might help in the cloudy mess also.

Back
Top Bottom