will peppermint shrimp or crabs eat feather dusters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dorian965

Aquarium Advice Freak
i got a large conch shell the other day that was covered with feather dusters, at least 25 of them, of all different colors. i just wanted to make sure nothing would eat them.
also wondering if they will reproduce.thanks. ill put up some pics tommorrow. :)

Peppermint shrimp will not eat them. If your water conditions are right the feather dusters will reproduce. I have had 100's of babies in my tank.
just wanted to make sure nothing would eat them.
What else do you have in your tank?

my feather dusters reproduce as well. Just yesterday i found a baby feather duster growing in a recently abandonded hermit shell. And i 2 peppermint shrimp as well and i've never seen them harm a feather duster.

mostly worried about shrimp. i saw him going to town when i put the shell into the tank. i have about 40-50 blue leg hermits that have acuiered a taste for meat, mostly snails so they were the only other problem.
i have a few damsels, yellow tang and pajama cardinal. i dont think the fish are interested. :wink:

the crabs can be iffy. the shrimp were most likely just cleaning little pieces of matter off the shell.

Back
Top Bottom