Will these be good enough lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are they going to be your only lighting? They seem to be a supplement solution, but I'm not sure. Wait for an LED expert to chime in.

From the site...

Q. Will the Stunner grow hard coral or SPS coral?
A.
Depending on configuration and the number of Stunners used, the Stunner can support a wide variety of animal life. However, we recommend using the Stunner LED for accenting the colors of coral and using it to supplement other lights.

Are they going to be your only lighting? They seem to be a supplement solution, but I'm not sure. Wait for an LED expert to chime in.

From the site...

Q. Will the Stunner grow hard coral or SPS coral?
A. Depending on configuration and the number of Stunners used, the Stunner can support a wide variety of animal life. However, we recommend using the Stunner LED for accenting the colors of coral and using it to supplement other lights.
Yah, I'll wait than.
And I wasn't really planning on growing SPS/Hard corals, Mostly LPS and softies. But thanks

Try looking in to T5 lighting solutions. They are the best types of lights you can get for the price. If you want expensive lighting that can support anything, depending on the depth of your tank, try looking in to Metal Halides. You can find some MH lights for a decent price, but the majority i've found are decently expensive. You can try VHO's too.. but they don't stand up to T5 or MH. You can also look in to Power Compact lighting which is another alternative. Only these lights tend to be less powerful than the other options, and depending on the bulb manufacturer, they need to be replaced every 6-months. Compared to T5' which usually need to be replaced every 9-12 months, and that goes for MH as well. The VHO's depending on the bulb as well, can last up to 18 months. But like i said, the life of a bulb really depends on how well it's made, but those numbers are the norm.

Any specific brand you recomend, Or even more specific, any fixture you recomend, as of T5's?

What size tank do you have? And what are the exact dimensions?

As far as brands.. most of them are pretty good except for brands like Coralife, Jebo, and Odyssey. Current USA makes great light fixtures, giesman also makes quality fixtures, but they're usually pretty pricey. Theirs tons of lights you could choose from, depending on your tank. Try these places:

Aquarium Lighting - AquaCave - Metal Halide, fluorescent Lighting & moonlights

Lighting Premium Aquatics

Aquarium Lighting & Fish Tank Lights | Marine Depot

Aquarium Lighting For Aquarium Lighting System Aquarium Lighting Fluorescent Aquarium Lighting Marine Aquarium Lighting Hood Aquarium Light Coralife Aqualight Current USA Lighting Reef Aquarium Lighting

There's a few other places you could check out as well. Try google and i'm sure you'll find lots.

What size tank do you have? And what are the exact dimensions?

As far as brands.. most of them are pretty good except for brands like Coralife, Jebo, and Odyssey. Current USA makes great light fixtures, giesman also makes quality fixtures, but they're usually pretty pricey. Theirs tons of lights you could choose from, depending on your tank. Try these places:

Aquarium Lighting - AquaCave - Metal Halide, fluorescent Lighting & moonlights

Lighting Premium Aquatics

Aquarium Lighting & Fish Tank Lights | Marine Depot

Aquarium Lighting For Aquarium Lighting System Aquarium Lighting Fluorescent Aquarium Lighting Marine Aquarium Lighting Hood Aquarium Light Coralife Aqualight Current USA Lighting Reef Aquarium Lighting

There's a few other places you could check out as well. Try google and i'm sure you'll find lots.
Ok, I'll look at those,
And the tank is gonna be a 150 gallon rimless aquarium.
60 long x 36 wide x 18 tall
I sorta forgot how tall it was gonna be but its either, 18 or 16

Back
Top Bottom