Will they spread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brianf40us

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had polyp and mushroom frags for quite a while now and my question is will they actually spread in the tank?

I believe they will if placed correctly and living under the appropriate conditions but only time will tell...Im just going to leave this one up to the experts though. :D

I agree with sharkbait. What type of "polyp" is it?

Im gonna be honest im not to sure. Its brown and when the actinic light is on it has a neon green head but brown stalk and little frilly things around the head.

Is it shaped like these?
zoanthids - Google Images

If so, it's a zoanthid or palythoa and they will spread given the right water conditions and lighting.

With the right water parameters and appropiate lighting they should spread.

Now when you guys say right water parameters.. what do you mean?

No ammonia, no nitrite, low-moderate (I only say moderate because zoas & shrooms seem to like "dirty" water as compared to other corals) nitrate, proper pH, trace elements etc. They will do fine and spread if proper PWCs are done IME.

jmartinbuttonpolyp_400.JPG

These are the ones i think the are ugly sorry hahahaa. MY nitrates are around 10 (I hope slowly go down since i just added a refugium and have been upping my maintenance routine) and 8.4 ph i keep my magnesium at the proper level calcium is always great i do not supplement anything else in my tank. I use Seachem reef salt. water temp is always between 78-80. Depending on weather and house conditions. I usually have my actinic on at 3 and goes off at 11. My 10000K light is on from 4 till 10. My light is a coralife lunar light

Sounds great to me! We have some of the same type in our tank. They may not be the prettiest, but they still look good. They'll look even better once your rock becomes purple from coralline. ;)

Coraline it grows like a weed in my tank. Yeah i agree im sure the will look nicer as i add some more corals.

Back
Top Bottom