Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-14-2005, 12:29 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Yeah, you guys are right. The corals in the Valencia, Spain aquarium are fake. They put food there for the tropical fish, then they clean them everyday.

It was pretty fun how they do the shopping list in the middle of the sea. I wonder, though, do they need to pay for them? Do they owe anyone for those fish? I mean, that kinda sucks.

But wow, for you who saw the show, did you see that Sun Fish? What a weird fish huh? Cute, but weird. Reminds me of a trigger with "tuna-like" skin.

Personally, I've only been to one aquarium. The one in Baltimore. They fixed it up last year and it was pretty impressive. I just don't know why there was an aviary at the top of the aquarium. What's with that?

Oh, I also watched the Atlantis Hotel on Paradise Island. They showed how the aquarium was built. Amazing. They pump water in from the ocean, they go through their filtration system etc etc, then they move to the aquarium, then they get flushed out. According to them, no body of water in the tank is recycled. Cool.

I am curious about the Atlanta aquarium now. I'll save up money then I will probably go for it. 8 million? That's huge.

By the way, a little off topic geography wise. Has anyone been to the Washington DC aquarium? Is there one? OK, that's all.

We live and we learn
AMANIQU77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 01:59 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
On the topic of the Washington DC aquarium - my wife and I stopped in at what was named the National Aquarium in downtown DC - down near the White House/Washington Monument/Museum area - it was in a basement of a large building - not quite what I was expecting - its the only one I had heard of while we were there

Chicago's Shedd Aquarium is outstanding

Surprisingly the Ripley's Aquarium in Myrtle Beach in the Boardwalk area was great. During a rainstorm while on vacation we decided to stop in and we were very impressed by the setup and activities for the youngsters. Not something I expected on a tourist locale - but I highly recommend it

Pittsburgh PA's Aquarium has come quite a ways and they are adding on currently

I plan on making a trip down to Atlanta this summer - maybe a side trip to Baltimore because so many have raved about it

Meola is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com