Worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snailpufferguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Woke up and I thought a centipede fell in my tank. Should I take this out? Is it a fireworm? What exactly do I do. 1484654945834.jpg

thats fine, kind of looks like a sandworm(bristleworm). They come in live rock sometimes. Im sure some fish you put in there will make a quick snack of it.
My buddy has/had some with his rock to.

that's a big guy , I usually remove them if they are bigger than 3 inch , they are a good indicator of over feeding , "Do not touch them without gloves" those bristle's are hard to get out if they get in your skin, they can cause a bad rash and do hurt.

if you do remove put it in a good sealed container and freeze to ensure its dead, these guys can live out of water upwards to a month ,

that's a big guy , I usually remove them if they are bigger than 3 inch , they are a good indicator of over feeding , "Do not touch them without gloves" those bristle's are hard to get out if they get in your skin, they can cause a bad rash and do hurt.

if you do remove put it in a good sealed container and freeze to ensure its dead, these guys can live out of water upwards to a month ,
I just put the live rock in a week ago first time I'm actually seeing him.

Back
Top Bottom