would a trigger be fine with my stock list?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlwn88

Aquarium Advice Activist
So -'m just about stocked in my 75g but I know I have room for one more fish. My girlfriend insist I get this tiny Picasso trigger and I think it would be a good addition. If not what fish would you recommend? The fish I have are in my sig below check the compatibility chart but its already screwed me twice. I had to cardinalfish fight to the death although I've read they do not use aggression towards each other. Thanks

you'd have to keep an eye on the trigger, they are an aggressive fish and prob would attack. if you ever plan on putting corals a trigger isn't reef safe

Hmm okay thanks. If he is the smallest in the tank will he still try to attack a clown twice his size?

I've got a picasso trigger in my tank along with a rectangular trigger ,yellow tang and a butterfly fish,......so far besides the fact that it loves to attack me, he's pretty much isn't very aggressive towards any of the other fish nor does he try and eat any of the corals etc,.... However any "CUC" would be toast in minutes,....I think your odds would be 50/50 at best,. just depends on the critter itself.

Thanks for all the info guys. I went to my favorite LFS and discussed my concerns, and he pretty much told me the same thing as what I read here. He takes care of other peoples tanks and has seen it work sometimes. I was willing to give it a shot but I just recently got a good clean up crew, so I'll stick to the safe side. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom