OK after a lot of reading in various forums and based on various suggestions I think I will convert my 15 gallon freshwater into a FOWLR
to start and slowly turn it into a nano reef over the next year in the anticipation that I will get the hang of things and be able use this 15 gallon to seed my future large tank.
So I have 1 year to work on my 15 gallon and get it right. From what I have been reading on nano reef tanks...no skimmer is required and I can use my current HOB
filter just not the filter pad itself, but still use for carbon. I have a Fluval C3, 75W heater and the tank itself currently. I have the following questions however:
1) What do I do with the hood? Mine came with the tank it is traditional cover with flip top and light...do i ditch this? What cover/light do I buy to start the FOWLR
2) My reading suggests I need 2 powerheads at opposite ends of the tank...do I put them diagnol towards one another? Poin then at each other or direct them towards the glass? How would 2 Koralia Nano Reef circulation pumps at 425GPH do or should I go with 2 Koralia Evolution 750 pumps at 750GPH...or one of each?
3) I will be using Live rock so about 15-17 pounds ok?
4) sand i was thinking Carib Sea Aragamax "SELECT "Sugar Sized Sand...thoughts?
5) What lighting will I need to keep soft corals 6-8 months from now if tank is ready and stable?
Did I miss anything?