Would this be enough lighting for my 29gal??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The total wattage is more than enough (IMO). The one problem I see is coverage. It's generally considered that a MH bulb covers 2 feet. A 29 gal tank is 30" long so the ends of the tank might be a little lacking.

Yeah that's what i was thinkin myself!! I was going to hang it more than likely so I don't know how well that would turn out. I think they have a bigger one as well, but of course it's a little more expensive!

Thanks

Jermz79

I was thinking of blowing the dust off my 29 gallon and trying one of those lights. If you go for it, let me know how it works out.

Brenden .... Those are all the same light I'm looking at, just different sizes. I don't think the 36" would work ... only if they had a 24" or a 30" that would be better!!!

Same yes but cheaper than ebay. The 36 would probably work if you could mount it. The fixture is 36 but the light is shorter.

Hey yeah ... didn't even think of that!!

I might check it out ... I haven't got clearance from the Boss (wife) yet so right now it's more like a dream I guess!!! :wink:

I still dont understand why they put 20K and 03 bulbs together.. that really lowers PAR then gives you no extra light intenisty with your CF bulbs.. just blue and blue, all for looks.. :? I would try to replace one of the CF's with a 6500K bulb to tone the color down and get some extra PAR.. HTH

Back
Top Bottom