Would this work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdefino

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had someone tell that he could take gravel from his tank (that was established) and add some to a brand new just setup tank and it would be ready for fish that day. Could this ever work or is he full of it?

Basically, he's full of it.
There's a grain of truth in it, but not much more than a grain. Jeff

Basically he's stretching some truth into an outright lie. The sand does contain good bacteria...but a small scoop is only going to seed a new tank with bacteria...it still has to populate into large enough colonies to support fish and other life.

I had someone tell that he could take gravel from his tank (that was established) and add some to a brand new just setup tank and it would be ready for fish that day

Change that to read.

I had someone tell that he could take gravel from his tank (that was established) and add some to a brand new just setup tank and it would be ready for A fish that day.

Then it would have some truth to it. The bactera bed will not grow to a level to support the ammonia production of a full fish load in just a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom