Wow!! And a hairy question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ferretmath

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I got my tank up and running back in Feb of this year. I threw in some base rock with just a little live, a couple of damsels, some sand - then called it a day.

Now, I have kept up with the water changes, added a couple of snails and small hermies along the way.....just gave my damsels away......usual stuff. I have really never sat down in front of the tank and taken a good look around, however. Well, I did just that for the first time a few days ago and......

OMG!! The tank is alive!!! Little buggy things (1000s of them), little feather dusters galore, q-tip sponges - lord knows what else is lurking under my now purple coated rocks!! Everyday I find something new!! Really cool....

Now the question:

One of my snails has gotten quite hairy and has also aquired a "friend". He has very long hair algae all over him and he is playing taxi to a itty bitty feather duster (i think)......Is this harmful to him?? Should I clean him off??

Thanks!!

Get an algae nipper. Bi-color blenny. Lawnmower blenny. Bristle tooth tang if you've got the room. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about the snail hitchhikers too much. If you did wanna clean him off, a tank dedicated tooth brush would likely work.

Back
Top Bottom