wow i feel dumb!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeff8183

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have been buying ro water the last couple weeks to do water changes with and today i was wandering how good our water filter was on our sink, well i tested some water compared to our well water and there were not nitrates in the filter water, so i was using it untill i used it all and i looked under the sink and to try to get an estimate on how long it would take and its ro unit, well that save me some time

HAHA, thats funny. Now at least you know. Remember to change the membranes at least once a year. If you dont have a TDS meater I would suggest one. This will help you konw how clean your RO water is.

well the thing thats even better is the county paid for it because of something in the water out here, so they service it once a year so im good then right

I'd check the TDS on it (maybe your LFS will do that for you). If it is only RO (and doesn't have a DI stage) then you don't know what's left after the RO. You may still have PO4 or NO3 in there. You may even still want to run those test on your tap just to rule it out prior to using it.

Great that they have to come and service it for you. Bummer about the water though!

Back
Top Bottom