Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-09-2011, 02:44 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol I dont think any new tank is gonna have a guarantee for a piece of rock falling and breaking the glass. Unless its a bullet proof glass tank I guess haha.

Oh and thank your lucky stars thats the worst day of you life...

Old 09-09-2011, 03:15 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Glad you didn't have any other damages. Don't know what's worse right now, having it crack when you are just beginning or having it crack when it's full of livestock, probably the later, but it stinks in the beginning as you are up to your eyeballs in research, building stuff and buying stuff.

What size tank was it? You going bigger?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

no i going with the same size i would go bigger if i didnt need all new everything if i go bigger i need a new stand light and hood. its too late tho i already ordered the new tank
paulweck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

In a way in kinda happy about it the old tank was used and had a bunch of scraches in the font glass and the silicone wasn't as nice as new tanks. So I'm gonna consider this as a un-prevented upgrade. U always got to look at the bright side of life
Old 09-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulweck View Post
U always got to look at the bright side of life
I agree. For instances I always say the good thing about being fat is it helps keep the cheese dip off the carpet.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hahaha that funny. Your right its good cuz then the good cheese not only don't fall on the floor it dosnt end up getting eaten by the dog. It would be a waste of good cheese
Old 09-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulweck View Post
Hahaha that funny. Your right its good cuz then the good cheese not only don't fall on the floor it dosnt end up getting eaten by the dog. It would be a waste of good cheese
See, now you catching on.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Is there anythign that could have been done to prevent this? Would epoxy have worked to glue the rock together to keep it from falling? Not judging or anything...I'm just about to start my first build and would like to learn what could be done to keep this from happening.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRick View Post
Is there anythign that could have been done to prevent this? Would epoxy have worked to glue the rock together to keep it from falling? Not judging or anything...I'm just about to start my first build and would like to learn what could be done to keep this from happening.
Well a bib could have been used to prevent it. Oh, you were not talking about the cheese dip were you. Actually, I have heard of people using epoxy to glue the structure together. The draw back is you can't move stuff around to suit your coral at a later date.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah good point. Something to think about though. Since others have used epoxy, am i correct in asuming epoxy is safe for aquariums once fully cured?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com