WQ test kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diverdown69

Aquarium Advice Activist
Whats the one you like best? I currently use the Hach spectro and test reagents at work, but I can't use that forever. I am looking at getting a set of Hach colorimetric test kits. LaMotte kits are pretty much the same.
Anyone else got any suggestions or comments?

I tried to save money by buying cheap test kits and ended up replacing them all with Salifert. Seams to be the most accurate.

Maineland with Salifert ma test kit. Adopted the ma test from someone else. The saliferts and some others claim to be more accurate while being, IHMO, somewhat more complex to use in some cases. Anyway, the Marineland is what I use for PH/Alk, Nit's, Amm, Ca. However, its always a good idea to have a second kit of a different brand for certain sensitive tests. Always good to get a second opinion before you go raising the Ca to 600ppm just because your initial read was 100ppm.

GL

Always good to get a second opinion before you go raising the Ca to 600ppm just because your initial read was 100ppm.

Been there, done that. LOL
All in the name of "Newbie" :lol:

Got spectro?
Here's a few small scale results from what I did tonight. This is really small scale and I can have much better resoltuion tomorrow. I tested because I use my inverts as a biological indicator of water quality.
pH 8.12
NO3 9.68ppm
Sal 33ppt
N-NO3 2.2
I will have full PO4, silica, alkalinity, Ca hardness, ammonia and nitrite levels tomorrow morning using the spectro. I saw lots of cool stuff while doing the water chem analyses. Check out the new post...

Back
Top Bottom