Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-03-2017, 03:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Yellow/cloudy water

I have a 100 gallon salt water tank with live rock and sand. Tank is about a month old. I have fish and crabs. The tank is new. My tanks in the past is always Crystal clear there isn't anything that I have done different. I added my water then the salt then the sand I have been dealing with this kinda from start up. I used instant ocean salt. I am running a protein skimmer and just installed a 3 stage canister filter. Need help to clear this tank up.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:56 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Run some activated carbon. Cloudy water is a sign of a bacterial bloom, which would be pretty common in a new system as it is going through the motions to establish itself. The yellow tinge will also be removed by the carbon.
Make sure that you are doing weekly water changes. A 10% weekly water change will help with preventing this from happening in mature systems. 10 gallons isn't really that much water when you think about it. Using ro/di water will ensure that your water is as pure as possible and nothing is coming into the system via water changes that could be fouling up the water column.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ate, cloud, cloudy, cloudy water, loud, water, yellow

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com