Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-10-2003, 07:53 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I'm sorry, I must be smoking some serious stuff, I have no clue where I posted those numbers from, they seemed wrong to me, but I didn't feel like looking for the measuring tape again.

Height is 22"
Length is 37"
Depth is 13"

Old 08-10-2003, 10:41 PM   #12

Ok, new issue. Shrimp is out of his cave, antennas are big like they used to be, but they are curled up. Also for the last 10 mins or so, the shrimp has decided to fly all over the place, now he's swimming from one side of the tank to the other. Never happened before. Tang is still chasing the shrimp, but polietly. Tang seems to have a little cut above his right eye somehow. Like a little bruise. He's the biggest fish. about 1.5 inches. and the only other semi aggressive fish is a small, less than an inch Tomato clown and a small royal gramma.

Old 08-10-2003, 11:24 PM   #13
steve-s

Your dimensions now calculate to a 45 gal tank. Still way too small to keep a tang healthy, please return it. The cut could easily have come from darting into some LR or even fighting with the clown.

I wouldn't worry much about the shrimp unless your levels are off. How are the NH3, NO2, NO3 and when was the last water change?

Cheers
Steve
Old 08-11-2003, 02:20 AM   #14

45? The guy at the store said 50. Anywho, all levels are 0
The algae disappeared too. Nitrates are also 0. They were a little high a few days ago. Now it's dropped to 0.
I guess I will return the tang.
Is it possible to still keep the tang if I plan to upgrade to a 125 gallon in 1 year?
My plan was to keep the tang for a year in my current tank and then move him up to a 125 gallon in about a year.
Oh yeah and my last water change was about 2 weeks ago. It was a small change of about 15%
I did another 15% change 4 weeks ago.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:15 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I agree with returning the tang...not sure about keeping him for a year till you upgrade...I guess that will depend on how big he is right now and if he will be able to survive that long with his other tank mates. I know what its like to have to return a tang because of a small tank. I got duped into buying one and i really liked it...I had it for about 2 weeks and decided to do the right thing and return it. I was really bummed b/c he was a very cool fish :| Good luck with everything!
Old 08-11-2003, 03:29 AM   #16

The tang is 1.5 inches long.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:54 AM   #17
steve-s

I would actually still suggest returning the tang. If you are able to get the 125 gal up and running in a year, you will definately be able to aquire one then.

Why risk it?

Cheers
Steve

Tags
clean, cleaner, cleaner shrimp, rim, shrimp, tan, tang, yellow tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com