Yellow wrass and six line wrass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gleach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Do they both eat amphipods and copepodes and will they destroy the whole population of these critters?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

yes both those wrasses eat pods ans so do many other fish , depending the size of your tank would help determine if they would wipe out the population faster than a larger tank

60gal 70lbs l/r. I'm really interested in establishing a good colony of copepodes and amphipodes mainly I would like to get the amphipodes to florish I could use any advise on where I can purchase them without casting me an arm and leg. I bought 3 bottles of copepodes and released 1 in my refugium but plan to wait for the lights to go out and release the rest of the poses in my main display to cut down the wrasses chances of decimating them all rights away.

the best thing you could do is raise them in your fuge , this will give them time to reproduce at a faster rate , they will find there way to the main tank eventually
some may get eaten but some may find a small crevice and start reproducing in your main tank there is no guarantee , like in any tank pods will get eaten by many fish as long as you keep your fuge well seeded you should have nothing to worry about ,
if your still concerned about pods you can always breed them in a 5 gal bucket
all you need is a bucket with a lid with small holes and some poly filter material , add about a 1/4 inch of water to the pail along with a hand full of pods cover and thell do the rest , I wouldn't keep the pail in house as it will stink I always kept them in a cool dry place in the basement or garage

That's it no food or light just 1/4in of water and polyfill? Cool dry place.

you could add a small piece of macro for them to munch on
theres also phyco pure it's a blend of algae s just for pods
they seem to reproduce faster in the dark

Back
Top Bottom