Yellowhead Jawfish isn't eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
My Yellowhead won't come out during the day for the most part. And when I try to feed him brine at night, he shys away from everything. How can I get him to start eating before it's too late?

How old is he from the store? For some new fish it ca take time fro them to eat. What were they feeding him at the store?

has he constructed a burrow yet? mine wouldn't even look at food until he dug a couple of holes to hide in, and even then, i used an eye dropper to deposit brine shrimp right in his face for a week before he would come out for food on his own.

I won't buy a fish that my LFS just gets in stock. I usually like to see that they have had them for a week at least before i get it. If you really want that fish and are afraid that someone might take it, see if you can put a deposit on the fish and have them hold it for a week. This way if they develope something, it will most likely happpen in the LFS and you can avoid having to take care of it had you gotten it when it first came in. Just my 2 cents....hope your fish is doing well.

Well, yeah...I was impatient... NO, he hasn't built a burrow that I can SEE... he may have underneath the rock... I don't see him during teh day... until today...he has started to venture out. He comes out at night and is attempting to build a burrow in the corner of the tank...but seems to be having a problem. I have a DSB of fine Southdown playsand... I also have rubble from some live sand I bought... Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom