YES! ALGEA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Z

zacdl

Well I am now seeing brown diatoms on the sand and live rocks!

I take it this is a good sign of a healthy tank.

My clown is still doing fine, would like to get some corals in there though, it is soo bare.

That's great. Bet you never thought you'd be happy to see cruddy brown stuff on your tank.

Brown algae in the sand, that was my trouble with my first tank, I though it was good, then it spread like weed...and everything was dying a short time after that. Of course, we could be talking about different brown algae... ... good luck, I hope it's the good stuff the one in your tank.

The stuff you get when you start a tank isn't bad. It's when your tank is well aged and then you get the brown slimy stuff that it's bad. You will probably start seeing it in a couple of weeks gilraen. Don't panic when it comes. It's a natural process, you just keep it off the glass and as soon as your tests are good you add some cleaners to keep it under control till it goes away.

I heard purple algea was the better sign...that is if your cycling? I started seeing it on my glass and not some on my LR....Ive had brown and then like gilraen said, my levels spiked.

Back
Top Bottom