Yet another lighting check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ratrik13

Aquarium Advice Regular
It's my turn to seek you guy's opinion on lighting for my tank. I have a 65 gallon (36Lx18Wx24H) and i just purchased a SunPod 36" 2x150 watt 14K Sunpod HQI | Current What's Next (1063 model) for my tank. I'm still mostly in the planning stages for the tank, but i found a deal i just couldn't pass up and got permission from my wife. My question is what kind of coral options does this open up for me (i.e. what lighting catigory does this put me in)? I'd really love to get a clam someday, is this going to be enough? Also when combined with the 96x2 PC fixture i have now, what bulb set up would you recomend?

Other random bits of info, planning on a 4" sand bed and a nice size LR peak in on of the corners.

Thanks!

If I am correct, those are 2 150watt metal halides. Leaving you open to anything I would believe. I don't have metal halides, however on my T5's I just use 10k's.

Thanks for the input, I've been doing so much research while I'm waiting for deliveries or saving money to place orders that I'm starting to confuse myself. Was not sure if the dual 150s was going to be adequate for the height of my tank or not.

On a side note, it was kind of a pain in the butt trying to find a 36" dual fixture that would fit my budget, but this tank has like a 3 inch wide brace in the middle of the top. Didn't really want most intense part of the light to be on a piece of black plastic so most of the standard 36" lights were out.

Metal Halides i do beleive are supposed to be 12" above the tank. Due to heat. Second, metal halides are the most intense lights, which is why they are used on bigger tanks.

Back
Top Bottom