You all got me thinking and plotting...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Figured that would get your attention!!

Here’s the deal, go ahead and laugh. Reading the salt forums has given me the bug. Ya know, one more tank wouldn’t hurt, right?

I have a 20 high, that is currently FW, everything there could easily fit in my 90 FW.

I own a 175 Metal Halide fixture, old but still works, would have to get a new bulb. However, it was made for indoor gardening, not AQ applications. It’s a pendant type light. Would it be dangerous to use this for SW apps?

(please don’t ask about the “gardening”, I’ll plead the 5th amendment, was way in the past anyway).

So here’s all my newbie questions as I’m too lazy to read through all the threads.

Would this light be good for a 20 high nano?

I’d need like 3-4 inches DSB, and 20 lbs LR, right?

Sump, heater, skimmer, too, correct?

How much would this cost me, before livestock?

Also, If you had to pick ONE book to read before doing anything, which one would it be? (I have looked at the suggested reading list.)

Thanks in advance,

CC

1. No idea.
2. Should be if someone else with much more experience than I says it is okay as I am clueless.
3. Yes, if possible for the sump. Heater and protien skimmer are a must as well, along with powerheads for circulation.
4. No idea but probably in the nieghborhood of $300 - $500 (including sand, lights, skimmer, rock, etc.).
5. This one is very good and informative:

The New Marine Aquarium by Michael S Paletta
ISBN # 1-890087-52-1

This is an excellent book for the saltwater "newbie". Michael discuss several classic methods of setting up a saltwater aquarium, different methods of cycling a tank. Methods of cycling Live Rock, stocking suggestions and some basic disease diagnosis.

Back
Top Bottom