You want to buy what??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
OK folks... if you're going to go out and find a syringe to inject lemon juice into your first aiptasia, your best bet may NOT be to go into Walgreens and tell them that you would like to purchase a syringe for nonmedical purposes, and then explain very briefly that you need it for a marine tank.

Sigh.

Suffice to say that I did not come home with a syringe but I did get a pretty good "you are a heroin addict" look from the scowling Walgreens employee lady.

I should have said "fine, I'll just use a dirty one then" and raced out of there with a wild look in my eyes and a soup spoon and lighter falling out of my pockets.

Thankfully, I noted that since I live in IA, I can buy one from Foster-Smith for 20 cents without a certificate. :roll:

Sheesh.

[/i]

Try Rite-Aid or any farm store.. Tell them that you need to medicate a marine animal with a treatment.. My Rite-Aid Pharmicist gave me one and said good luck and told me if I needed more to come on back... A farm store should also be able to sell you some as well..

HTH,
James

Thank you for the tip. We have a Blaine's Farm Fleet right up the street, I bet I won't have a problem there.

:)

Man who knew it would be a problem to buy a suringe? LOL luckily my wife works at a hospital ;)

OK I got some, at Blaine's Farm Fleet.

I got a 3 pack of 6cc syringes and some needles and came home to do the grim deed.

Man, does that lemon juice smoke when ya put it in saltwater. The aiptasia appears to be smoked as well.

Thanks for the advice all, 8)

I had to buy a bunch of needles from a chain not to long ago because the super sluths at the airport decided that my girl wasnt diabetic and was going to hi-jack a plane with a tube of insulin and a needle. I explained the situation to the young lady at the pharmacy and she happily handed over 3 bags of differant types of needles. I was able to shoot up and get to the airport with time to spare.

I had the same experience here but i was also looking for a pack of razor blades to get some of that stubborn alge on the front of the tank! At the end of my shopping day i just felt plain dirty!!! :oops:

You could also try your local Veterinarian. Tell them exactly what your doing (trying to remove some aptasia from your marine aquarium with lemon juice) and I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom