ZEOvit question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaleHauze

Aquarium Advice Freak
I switched my sump from a refuge sump to a sump from Synergy Reef. At the time of the sump switch I went to ZEOvit system. That has 3 months ago. My questions are as followed. I have a bad green hair algae out brake as well as my LPS corals are shrinking but my Zoas and mushrooms are growing like crazy. I dose 4 drops of ZOEbac (which I just realized should have been kept in the fridge) 4 drops of ZEOfood and one mil of ZEOstart. I switch my ZEOmedia out every 6 weeks. What should I be doing differently or testing for?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Nitrates and phosphates. That is why you have an algae issue.
You are adding them into the water column, 4 drops easily seen in the zeofood.
The zeovit system works when nutrients are zeroed out to the point that it is unhealthy for corals. Then you have to step in and actually add them into the water column.
Basically you aren't zeroed out but are still adding onto the issue. You need to be testing constantly to see where your tank is at. Running anything but the basic zeovit system until you know what your tanks specific needs are is a setup for failure, which is where the tank is at currently. Cut it back to the basics before moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Im confused. I thought i was running the basics. Everything i have read says to do what i am doing. I didnt buy anything outside the ZEOvit basic starter kit. So i should stop with the food, cut back, or what?

Are you running a strong skimmer? You didn't mention that at all. I would stop everything until this is ironed out. If there isn't a skimmer on the system, this stuff can't be removed before it turns into the nitrates/phosphates.

Yes i am running a Vertex omega 150 on a bit of the wetter side. It fills the cup in 3 days or less

Well, it is still a nutrient issue in the water column. I know things like the food are literally pumping phosphates into your water column so I wouldn't want to do anything with it until things are under control.

Back
Top Bottom