Zoas and palys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nijoe1221

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone, I'm wanting to really start a zoa garden but want to include plays with it. Is it safe to do so? Or will they stung each other?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

like hank said it should be fine , one thing i would suggest though is palys seem to grow faster than zoa's , so keep them confined to one side of the tank to prevent them from overtaking the zoa's

Thanks guys. So what happens when they grow right next to each other? Will one over take the other or will they just stop growing?

if they grow next to each other the palys will over take the zoa's

the most logical thing that you could do is place all the palys to the top of the rocks and zoa's towards the bottom,
this will curve any over taking of the zoa's since they are slow growers and the palys will grow up the rock towards the light leaving the zoa's alone allowing them to grow at there own pace
this picture shows how i keep my palys growing up as zoa's start to spread but at a slower rate
img_3057999_0_69e565b35677412bd87f6fcce357f1c5.jpg

and this picture shows how palys can get out of control
constant trimming back is required to prevent them from smothering other corals
and yes paly can jump to other rocks notice the brighter green palys more towards the left side of picture that's where they jumped to from the other rock they started on
and if you look to the left of the top hammer see the brown palys taking over that rock that's another jump

img_3057999_1_5f67c7b2e9c8730680763e80ce05b4cf.jpg

if they grow next to each other the palys will over take the zoa's

the most logical thing that you could do is place all the palys to the top of the rocks and zoa's towards the bottom,
this will curve any over taking of the zoa's since they are slow growers and the palys will grow up the rock towards the light leaving the zoa's alone allowing them to grow at there own pace

Never knew it worked that way. Thanks for the knowledge

Back
Top Bottom