zoas being deadly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yea kinda scary thought. this is why i wear gloves. or you can just not actually touch the coral its self, just the rock its on.

i wonder if it can realse toxins in the water or if thers any other deadly corals welll who wants free zzoas
yea kinda scary thought. this is why i wear gloves. or you can just not actually touch the coral its self, just the rock its on.

Palytoxin resides within the tissue and is not released into the water column at will (far as I know), but can be secreted through damage, stress, and I guess reproduction. It is a complicated lil' toxin; however, there must also be absorption of it. Either way, there are other zoonotic diseases aquarists must worry about that are often found even within coral mucous, such as Vibrio :) Of course, tetrodotoxin, various bacteria strains, virus', and even poisonings (Ciguatoxin) are of "normal" components in a given environment, yet can be vitally detrimental and pathogenic to us humans.

its prolly somthing not to really to worry about just be careful

Back
Top Bottom