1.5 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyl1234

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am going to get a 1.5 gallon aquarium this weekend. I want it to be a planted shrimp and snail tank. I also would like to get a few African dwarf frogs but don't know how many I should get.

I am going to get a 1.5 gallon aquarium this weekend. I want it to be a planted shrimp and snail tank. I also would like to get a few African dwarf frogs but don't know how many I should get.

Shrimp should be fine snails fine.

Idk about frogs I had some when I was little dont remember what kind but I remember coming home from a vacation and finding them dried on my carpet

Shrimp should be fine snails fine.

Idk about frogs I had some when I was little dont remember what kind but I remember coming home from a vacation and finding them dried on my carpet

Yea I used to have some. I got a pair at the beach before. They had 2 in a 1 quart container. They lived a long time!!!!2 years at the least.

1.5 gal is unfortunately too small for anything other than a handful of shrimp and a snail or two. ADFs are a common type that are quite messy and need larger tanks (preferably they should be kept in small groups, something like 3 in a ten gal).

I'd suggest using the 1.5 gal to make a Walstad bowl with a few shrimp and snails.

Sorry

I'd recommend 3 or 5 gallons for an african dwarf frog or two. An ADF MIGHT work, but I wouldn't risk it, even as a beginner myself.

Ok I will do that.... How many shrimp and how many snails?

I'm gonna put more than 2 snails I know... Lol at least 6.

And I don't really like ghost shrimp. You get what you pay for. They only live like a month.

Literally just found one of my 2 dead in my tank this morning ! But it's the only shrimp petsmart carries and my LFS it has a weird looking 1 for a couple bucks

I know what you mean... You have to buy about 20 at a time and by a week you might have 10!!! I am getting some red cherry shrimp next. I heard they are very hardy shrimp.

I know what you mean... You have to buy about 20 at a time and by a week you might have 10!!! I am getting some red cherry shrimp next. I heard they are very hardy shrimp.

I had them for over a month it was after I switched to sand guess they couldn't find as much crap to eat:/ should I leave it in my tank will my fish eat it ?

I had them for over a month it was after I switched to sand guess they couldn't find as much crap to eat:/ should I leave it in my tank will my fish eat it ?

What kind of fish is it??? And if you have some more shrimp that they will eat it. Mine eat each other lol

What kind of fish is it??? And if you have some more shrimp that they will eat it. Mine eat each other lol

I was talking about my dead shrimp I saw his dead body sucked into the filter and the. Realized his feet were kicking! Then I **** of the filter he did that little teleport thing and now is just laying on his back kicking ? Some now it's still alive

I bought 15 ghost shrimp today and 6 already have eggs!!!

that is to many shrimp your gonna need to get a larger tank probably 5gs

Back
Top Bottom