1.5 gallon tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishandPotterFreak

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, my friend was going to just throw away this 1.5 tank because she had no use for it....so I decided to take it.
So is there anything I could put in here? There is no filter,unfortunately. There is a light, but I'm hoping that I can find a cord that can fit so it will work.
What would you put in this tank?
Thanks!:)

Really the only thing you could do is a Betta. We have ghost shrimp in our 3 gallon. But they are feeder shrimp for our lion fish :)

If you read up on the Walstad method, the filter/pump may not be necessary. Maybe think of cycling and starting the tank like that. Then after it is stable, add A few RCS

If I use the Walstad method, don't I need some kind of water movement? What could I use that would work in the 1.5 gallon tank?
Could I just put some gravel and plastic plants and get some RCS? Or would betta work better? Do they both need a filter?
Thank you so much!

Bettas do ok without a filter. Always best if you can. They sell mini in tank filters at Petco and Walmart for $10. They are rated for a 1-3 gallon tank.

Bettas should be in a minimum of 2.5-5 gallons
A heater and filter is required for a betta
The only thing you could do humanist would be shrimp

Ok! Thank you guys so much! I think I'm going to do a planted shrimp tank.. do shrimp have to have a light or can I just use sunlight?
Anyone have any advice?!?

FishandPotterFreak said:
Ok! Thank you guys so much! I think I'm going to do a planted shrimp tank.. do shrimp have to have a light or can I just use sunlight?
Anyone have any advice?!?

If you want plants, you need lights.

FishandPotterFreak said:
Do shrimp have to have live plants? And what substrate do you recommend?

Natural looking substrate. Either sand or gravel if you're moving the tank a lot, go gravel, if not, I like sand.

Yes, IMHO they definitely need plants.

Back
Top Bottom