10 and 20 gallon planted tanks what should i put in them.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FiiishGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I am adding fish to my 10 and 20 gallon tanks [both densely planted]

10 g has nothing in it only been running for a week and a half

20 g has been running for 1.5 years, has a male GBR German Blue Ram and 3 cory cats.

I was thinking on putting 2-3 plates, mollies, or swordtails with 2 botia loaches and 3-5 neon tetras in the 10 gallon

I was planning on adding 2 angelfish into the 20 gallon as well as a mate for the ram. [ IT IS A 20 GALLON TALL]

Both tanks have 0 nitrite and ammonia, have been tested recently.

How do those stock plans seem .
Plann on going tomorrow or the next.

Scratch the mollies and the swords for the 10 they need a 30g tank. Do 3 platys both female an 7 neons. In the 20g you might be able to do 1 angel but that would really be pushing it they really need at least a 30g for 1 and around a 40 for 2.

No mollies or swordtails in tanks under 30 gallons. Also, 3 platies and 7 neons in a 10 gallon tank is way overstocked.

Try 3 platies and NO neons, or maybe just 10 neons.

You can always go for nano fish in the 10 gallon, like celestial pearl danios, micro rasboras, etc.

For the 20 you should up the cory school to 5 at least. 1 angel, 2 rams, and 6 cories might be okay. Just keep in mind that when the rams breed the cories will be seen as a threat, so it might be best to remove the cories if you plan on the rams breeding.

Definitely no angels for the 20. They need atleast a 29g. No mollies or swordtails either as stated.

For the 20g I'd do the ram pair, the cories, and a group of 7 of tummies or something.

could i do multiple pairs of rams for the 20 gallon.

in the 10 gallon, 1 botia 3 neons 2 platys

for the 10 gallon could i place a male and female betta with some fish

Male and female bettas aren't advised to be kept together because the male will probably kill the female trying to mate.

No you can't do multiple pairs of rams in a tank that small. Two fish, one pair, that's it. and no Botia loach it needs a 50g tank. You can't keep a male and female betta together the male will kill her. Either or on the platys and neons.
I get that you want color and activity in your tank but you aren't going to do these fish any good trying to cram them all a too small of a tank. Instead of trying to figure out how to get more fish in there, why not try to work on getting a much larger tank.

Thanks, for the advise. Sadly I still am in 8th grade so no large tank for a while, I will try to maybe get some guppies in the 20 gallon

Or will they be killed?

I will probably go guppies in my 10 gallon and add some small fish like tetras platys or guppies to my 20 gallon

Back
Top Bottom