10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

petunia100

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any suggestions for a single species in a planted ten gallon tank? Perhaps also a small pleco species?

TIA!! :D

You could get one or a few otos, the smallest plecos are I believe the bushy/bristle nose ones which get to about 4 inches but that's even a little big for a 10 gal. It would do fine though if you only get a few other fish. You can get some of the smaller tetras, cherry barbs, female betta, male betta (if alone, probably would do okay with a pleco though), small danios, rasboras, platies. :p 10 gal is very limited on what and how many fish you can get though.

I have a ten gallon tank with apistos, pygmy cories and an oto. They get along so well that the apistos just spawned and I have about 15 fry swimming around.

A clown pleco stays very small, I have one in my 29 gallon tank but it would do fine in 10 gallons.

There was some talk of Hillstream loaches recently, perhaps 2 or 3 (they do not grow from the size you get them, so be careful not to get them too small) and make it a riverstream enviroment (powerhead drawing current from the opposite side of the tank) remove the heater since hillstreams like temps down to 65F, and put some rocks in to give them shelter from the current if they want.. and use riverbed stones..

If you keep the current lower in the tank, (bottom half is where the powerhead and intake are) then you could put a couple mountain minnows in there aswell (white clouds)
(set the heater to 65F if you have them in there, tho it's doubtful in a house it will get that low)

I think it would be a neat concept for a smaller tank :)

ummm, yeah, never noticed the word planted, do they have very good roots? or are they in the back corners :D:) (sorry bout that, should read the entire question next time)

Back
Top Bottom