10 gallon aqua scaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is my tank right now thinking about some
Sand
image-2276251607.jpg

Attachments

• image-1115987031.jpg
    image-1115987031.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 93
  • image-1840415699.jpg
    image-1840415699.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 128
Hey em yeah maybe something more natural like sand or even nice gravel I would get a live plant like Anubis what kind of lighting is there??

The amount of plants seem to much for you tank and what is that plastic cup thing at the top of water?

I've heard good things about that place, but haven't bought from them. And actually, for a moderate to heavy planted tank, that's not too much at all.

Making a beautiful planted tank!

Hi Friend,

Changing the substrate is a great idea! Recently I bought Eco-Complete and It looks nice in the tank.

Here is my new tank 72 Gallon, I just set up and am still in the middle of aquascaping and moving my stock over too. My water is low due to my snail which laid eggs, should be hatching in the next week.

60074-albums11380-picture51102.jpg
[/IMG]

This is my 6.6 gallon Edge tank and it has Petco Black sand, it looks almost the same but Eco Complete has everything plants need to grow, you will need to fertilize also.

60074-albums9764-picture50416.jpg
[/IMG]

This one is Construction sand. I don't like it because it always looks dirty. This pic was at the very beginning almost a year ago when I put it up.

60074-albums9317-picture37582.jpg
[/IMG]

I agree with the Eco-complete or a dark/black sand. Takes focus away from the substrate and onto the fish, plants, and decor (driftwood, rocks).

I think plants are always a good way to go, just research the plants your getting to make sure your tanks lighting can sustain the plants they send in a group plant order. I will say I've had that filter and I really didn't have great luck with it on a 2 gallon betta tank. If you have a ten gallon tank I would consider getting one rated for up to 15 gallons, not that this one wouldn't work well for some but I found that sometimes the air pump that causes the suction for water to be forced through the filter wasn't enough, I ended up putting a more powerful air pump on it to keep the water flowing. It barely trickled with the original air pump.

Oh, all your pics weren't loading before and it looks like your filter has decent flow.

I have never ordered from AZgardens but heard they are good. I just looked at them and for your order you'd be paying at least $37 for shipping. I would check on some plants from people here.

Are you in the USA? Or do they have Petsmart where you are? They have the plants in plastic tube containers, several kinds of Anubias, and when I bought my Nana Anubias it was 5 little plants in the medium tube. All of the Anubias are great for low light. Java Fern as well, there are Narrow, flat leave and Windelov, that I have seen them sell in the tubes. Those are all kinds of plants to tie onto a rock or driftwood or let float, but not plant the Rhizome in the bottom/do not cover it up. The rhizome is the woody/stem like part the leaves come up out of and the roots grow down from.

Those are all good for low light and the Echinodorus (Swords) except for red ones, will likely need more light, but you could try it right under the strongest area of your light fixture just to see. Then more of your money would be going to plants and not shipping.

There are also fun grow your own plants from bulbs from Petsmart or Petco, I think the consensus is the Walmart ones don't grow much. There are always hit and miss, the company guarantees them to grow, and will send you more if it doesn't.

The bigger bumpy one is a Tiger Lotus, the flatter nubbie one is Apongoton and the one which looks like a baby onion is a water onion. All very cool.

So you can do a check on them and pick the pack which has more of the ones you want. There are a couple ways to get them started, let me know if you need more info on it.

I'd be careful about which plants you buy in the tubes. Not all of them are fully submerge-able, and they will rot in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom