10 Gallon bedside tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can you try a pool/hot tub store? Or I found mine at a farmers co-op.

I bought a bag of All-purpose sand by Quikrete. Let me know if it's safe, it contains crystalline silica just like pool filter sand... it was cheap anyways.

TheFishBoss97 said:
i'd do

CRS or Tiger Shrimp
RCS or Yellows or Blues or Snowballs:)
6-8 green neon tetras
1 snail of some sort
plants;)

That sounds cool as well! I'll have to see what they have.

Donkey Gun said:
I bought a bag of All-purpose sand by Quikrete. Let me know if it's safe, it contains crystalline silica just like pool filter sand... it was cheap anyways.

Nevermind, I found some Quikcrete Pool filter sand silica 20. Now I'm off to LFS!

well, the selection this time was minimal but I was able to pick up 6 green neon tetras. That should be a good start.

I'll post some photos once the tank clears up from the sand.

Oh that's a cool find though! Those aren't so easy to come by. :)

image-2305826942.jpg

image-496006745.jpg

well, you tell me, I bought what was labeled as green neon tetras, but these look blue to me...

I don't know how to identify a green neon, but whatever they are, those guys are beautiful! The blue is so vivid!

I did a quick google search and they do definitely look like green neons (also known as false neons) to me. They have the full blue lateral line, and very little of the red that a true neon has. :) I hope the settle in well. They are so cute!

Wait, that link didn't go all the way to what I was going to order. If you hit that link and then go to Aquarium Plants> Plant Assortments> 12 Plant Assortment for 32.99.

Thats my choice I think, All those plants at my LFS would cost me over $80.

I went to the link, but I don't know what specific species you are thinking about. But, I am certainly not an aquatic plant expert anyway.

Hmm..I've never seen greon neons with so little red on them. In the pics it almost looks like there's no red at all. They almost look more like gold neons.

I can't get the darn aquarium plants link on that site to open anything for me. Something's being funny. I'll have to try again later. You have a fluorescent tube for lighting?

There is a tiny bit of under the eyes and behind the gills, but I'm guessing that's their organs. Other than that, I don't see any red.

As for the lights, there are Coralife 50/50 10 watts.

image-1210866468.jpg

I use 15w bulbs for my 10g and they work well. I don't honestly know if the extra 5w makes a difference or not though.

Back
Top Bottom