10 gallon livebearers help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaNomad196

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok my male platy is in a 1 gallon for now, it's been two months. He had a male platy in there with him but he killed it at like two weeks. (I was a newbie at the time) Will 1 male platy be aggressive in a ten gallon with this stocking since he is currently used to being alone.
-1x Platy (the male)
-2x Guppies (probably males)
and I can't decide if I should get an African Dwarf Frog and Dwarf Gourami with that. Any help? Please also tell me what else I can add and if I can add the frog and gourami.

BTW: the guppies must be male, I can't have any fry.

if you have enough plants/decorations it should be fine. if you added the gourami the tank would be fully stocked

Thanks, but I'm thinking either gourami or maybe a school fish like danios. I just don't want any fry or tetras.

Any ideas for school? If not, I'll just do gourami.

And if I get a school or gourami, could I also add like 4 shrimp (ghost)?

celestial pearl danios are really cool little guys if you can find them in your are or glowlight tetras are pretty common and only get 1.25" they have a really cool silver color with red tipped fins and are known for being pretty hardy

Interesting...
do you think celestial pearl danios or glowlight tetras would eat shrimp?

there mouths are too small and i dont think they are aggressive enough to rip one apart. ive had zebra danios with ghost shrimp without a problem and my sister has ghost shrimp with her glo danios just fine

Ok well, I will probably use Seachem or some other thing to boost the process. Any recommendations?

find someone with an established tank or ask a lfs if you can buy a filter pad or established media from them. you can go through a cycle in less than a week this way

find someone with an established tank or ask a lfs if you can buy a filter pad or established media from them. you can go through a cycle in less than a week this way

Yes or you can pick up some external parasites so be careful

Back
Top Bottom