10 gallon newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhjh2112

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought my son a 10 gallon tank. So far I have two zebra danios, I snail and 1 albino Cory. Can I add anything else without overstocking?

You could add another 3 or 4 more smaller maybe schooling fish in the tank!

Danios are a little too active for a tank that small I would consider rehomeing them and starting fresh if you can't I understand just keep an eye on what you have to make sure they are ok and try to upgrade soon.

Yes I cycled. I just bought the fish. So I can take them back. I wanted a little more variety. What do anyone reccommend to stock a 10 gallon?

If you want a few fish I say your best bet would be to do micro fish, you could put like 5-7 in there with some snails and red cherry shrimp. Look into green neon tetras, ember tetras, galaxy rasboras, chili rasboras, and endler live bearers there are more those ate just my favorites.

The current fish need a twenty long tank
Some guppies or a platy along with ember tetras or chili rasboras would look great

Well I took the zebra danios back and I invested in platys. I'm still looking for another albino Cory or two. Everyone seems to be out. But, the fish look great! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom