10 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikachu0315

Aquarium Advice Freak
i want to stock my tank up i currently have 2 non messy platys 1 messy platy and a baby honey dwarf gourami. what can i also put i have 5 ottos in quarantine. inverts and fish welcome

Would the 5 Ottos be going in the 10g with the platies and gourami? I'd say your pretty close to stocked with what you have already.

What kind of filtration do you have?
If you want to look into inverts, check out some snails, they'll help with algae too :)

Would the 5 Ottos be going in the 10g with the platies and gourami? I'd say your pretty close to stocked with what you have already.

What kind of filtration do you have?
If you want to look into inverts, check out some snails, they'll help with algae too :)

so can i add shrimp??? or micro fish

so can i add shrimp??? or micro fish

Well, it depends on where the ottos are going. They're going in the 10g, I'm guessing they are.

With 5 ottos, 3 platies and a gourami youre already pushing it for a 10g. I wouldn't add anymore livestock to the tank.

If you got some shrimp, they'll be hard to feed with those fish, the fish will probably end up with the food. Usually, shrimp are best kept in their own tank

Well, it depends on where the ottos are going. They're going in the 10g, I'm guessing they are.

With 5 ottos, 3 platies and a gourami youre already pushing it for a 10g. I wouldn't add anymore livestock to the tank.

If you got some shrimp, they'll be hard to feed with those fish, the fish will probably end up with the food. Usually, shrimp are best kept in their own tank

i have algae a lot and wafers algae to can i have rcs?? i checked this site called aq advisor they said that was fine

so i shouldnt buy glo fish btw what is glo fish arent they like injected with jelly fish genes this is what id do to people who tattoo fish :deadhorse:

so i shouldnt buy glo fish btw what is glo fish arent they like injected with jelly fish genes this is what id do to people who tattoo fish :deadhorse:

I think they're genetically altered somehow. Not 100% sure

I'm confused, you have 3 platies a gourami, you're adding 5 ottos and glofish?

Glofish should be kept in at least a 20 g because they like to swim

Nikachu0315 said:
6 tiger shrimp 6 cherry shrimp 2 wood shrimp 3 platys and 5 otos and 1 dwarf gourami

The gourami will probably eat the shrimp, or at least the babies. The wood shrimp are filter feeders and will almost certainly die in that size tank. I recommend trading the platys and the gourami in for micro fish like chili rasboras or something of a similar size that won't eat shrimp or pollute the water and stress the shrimp.

If you want the shrimp to reproduce you'll need a filter sponge to go over the filter intake (unless you're using a sponge filter. Also, make sure to do weekly water changes with shrimp. They can be sensitive to high nitrate levels. These are the basic guidelines to keeping shrimp and fish in the same tank.

Back
Top Bottom