10 gallon stocking advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SleepingCake

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, I got a 10 gallon tank a while ago and tomorrow I'll be stocking it, though I can't decide on what to get nor am I sure what would work well. I figured I'd come here and ask you guys on some advice. I don't have any real preferences, though I have been looking at options that dealt with things like Neon Tetras, African Dwarf Frogs, Bettas, Honey Gourami, some kind of small shrimp and that kind of thing. I'd appreciate any and all advice involving the species I have listed and any other cool stocking ideas.

Thank you

You could put in some guppies or Cory cats

Just no betta with: gourami guppy and frog

Also do not overstock
Send a pick

You could also have 3 platys and 3 neon tetras

I agree, go with platys and neons, though I personally would never keep less than 5 neons. They will be happier, healthier, and live longer the bigger the school is, and really should be kept in a school of at least 5. If you really keep up on your water changes and keep an eye on parameters, you would even be fine with adding an African Dwarf Frog too.

I am a fan of the plattys I have two blue plattys and two red and white ones in my 10 gallonImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388972762.292345.jpg

Since platies have a high bioload you really would be maxed out at 3 platies in a ten gallon, with no other fish.

If you do decide with cories than dwarf cories such as corydoras pygmaeus, hastatus, and habrosus would be best for your tank.

A betta with 6 neon tetras would be fine probably. Or a honey gourami instead of the betta. You can almost always add some shrimp on the bottom, their bioload is incredibly low.

Back
Top Bottom