10 gallon stocking idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks so much! I'll definitely do that. :) Gotta wait a bit longer to make sure the tank is cycled (another week or two), but I'll definitely shoot off an email.

So excited to have a stock list set in place! I may do the gouramis instead of the badi, but not sure~ And a trio of the gouramis, right?

Thanks. :) Things have been kind of odd here and I went a few days (hopefully not a full week) without dosing ammo (ULP) but now that things have calmed down and no one's risking jail time (IE, now) I'm able to monitor everything and should be able to get stuff going soon.

With that stocking level would a 3 gallon water change a week be fine?

Wait...duh..pretty sure Frank will ship priority this time of year. I ordered in the winter. So since he has all three you want I think he's still gonna be your best bet to try first.

Thanks. :) Things have been kind of odd here and I went a few days (hopefully not a full week) without dosing ammo (ULP) but now that things have calmed down and no one's risking jail time (IE, now) I'm able to monitor everything and should be able to get stuff going soon.

With that stocking level would a 3 gallon water change a week be fine?
Sounds good I usually do 30% - 40%

Sounds good. I need to get a bigger bucket anyways to do PWC on my Mom's 29 gallon.

We'll see how long it takes to finish up the cycle and if he's still got the fish available, I'll probably order from Frank's - unless Severum Mama has some in stock for cheaper + cheaper shipping. :) We'll see. Hopefully no more than a week or two!

Need to figure out what to do with the powerhead...

I haven't seen the mosquito rasbora on her stock list. I've heard her mention having them before though..but I've never actually seen them in stock.

Sometimes bobs has the hasbrosus cories, but I've never seen the rasbora on there. If he had all three that would be idea since he's closer to us.

You could probably ask any light or plant questions you have right on here. I think it would be appropriate since it's your 10 gal thread..I dunno maybe I'm wrong. But jeta is going to be able to answer anything you got in that area anyway.

Sounds good. I need to get a bigger bucket anyways to do PWC on my Mom's 29 gallon.

We'll see how long it takes to finish up the cycle and if he's still got the fish available, I'll probably order from Frank's - unless Severum Mama has some in stock for cheaper + cheaper shipping. :) We'll see. Hopefully no more than a week or two!

Need to figure out what to do with the powerhead...

haha I use little 2 gal buckets.

Thanks so much! I'll definitely do that. :) Gotta wait a bit longer to make sure the tank is cycled (another week or two), but I'll definitely shoot off an email.

So excited to have a stock list set in place! I may do the gouramis instead of the badi, but not sure~ And a trio of the gouramis, right?

Just caught this..yes to the trio. IME more than one male doesn't work so well though..I would only order them if the seller will do 1 male 2 females.

Well @ the plants I just have a stock light from the aqueon ten gallon kit. Can I keep low light plants with that?

And I saw on her previous list that she had chili rasboras...though Franks seems to have super fair prices. Least IMO.

Thanks guys. :) guess this is my build thread then!

If it's two incandescent bulbs you can replace them with with regular CFL's that are atleast 67000k. Is it the hood with 2 bulbs or a tube light?

Oh did she, cool. I wonder if she ever gets the cories in...

I dunno. It'd be nice if she did, but I'm not sure my fingers are totally crossed.

On the bright side, about 12 hours after I put the ammonia in, I have nitrites! And trates! Means my bacteria wasn't totally toasted. I'll test tonight and if Ammo and Trites are 0...well, I'm good to get fish a lot earlier than I expected. If not, there's not much time left, I think.

Also...do I need to remove the under-gravel filter if I have the cories? It won't be attached to a powerhead, or anything, but...

Ok so it's a tube light? A flourescent light? It's a lamp that sits on top of the hood and not bulbs that go in the underside?

Yes..I would remove that UGF...

Whoo. That's going to be a mess to remove...considering the tank sits about where my head is. Is there any way I could just leave it in? There's like an inch and a half of gravel on top of it...

It's a hood with a bulb in it, but just one bulb. I think. -clueless-

Hehe if it's a recently purchased as new Aqueon 10 gal it should have two bulbs under there. You'll want to replace them with CFL's..just the regular compact flourescent bulbs you would buy for your household. Just make sure they are atleast 67000k. Some are large enough that bulb guards may need to be removed...so if you don't want to do that make sure to choose some that will fit.

I'm no plant or lighting expert..I'll tell you that up front for sure! But my plants do awesome under this type of lighting. The nano fish will really appreciate floating plants. Mine spend most of their time under the pennywort and banana plant leaves, my favorite plants, which grow quickly and provide nice floating cover. Anacharis is another great choice that will grow tall fast. Crypts will do great in that lighting as well. Also microsword. If you do the scarlet badis, they will feel most comfortable with atleast one good wad of java moss. :)

I don't know about that UGF. Hopefully someone else will give their opinion too.

Awesome. :) I'll go look for lights sometime in the next week or so - it looks like I'll be getting an additional paycheck soon so I'll be able to afford more than I intended! Definitely should be able to afford the fish. :) Super excited.

Heck, I might even go tomorrow...I have a bunch of returns and stuff to do. I'll take a peek at the hood and I might even just buy a new one.

Back
Top Bottom