10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jewel_cichlid03

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wanna do a 10g tank need stocking suggestions i know for sure i want rummy nose tetras as my schooling fish but i would like a center piece fish and a clean up crew any suggestions

image-4227026608.jpg

Cardinals are a good fish but they are very sensitive. I have 2 guppies, 3 glow lights, and a active group of cherry shrimp. I have to say these guys make for a good group. If you don't like that here are some stocking ideas.

5 ember tetras
4 cardinal tetras
Cherry shrimp

2 sparkling gourami's
3 glow light tetras
Snails or shrimp

5 plates or 5 guppies
Cherry shrimp

1 dwarf gourami
7 ember tetras

5 black neons
5 cardinals

5 white cloud minnows

IMO cardinals are a HUGE pain!! I lost more then half my stock and now on my second batch. You can do cory cats. Like pandas or something.

Ottos maybe? There cool

Shrimp are the best clean up crew IMO, they breed in almost any aquarium and they can tell you in advance if something is wrong. To keep cats happy you can't have anything else they need to be in schools of at least 5. Try to focus on more of community tank, where every one is specially fitted to each other and the kind of tank you want to keep.

Generally AqAdvisor is not completely accurate, and overstocks your tank a bit. I have 7 rummy nose tetras, and I don't think that they would do well in a tank smaller than 10 gallons. Look for:
Neon tetras
ember tetra
chili rasbora
galaxy rasbora/celestial pearl danio (it is technically called the celestial pearl danio, but some call it the galaxy rasbora)
All of those are great fish. ^^^

Im really set on rummy nose ive always wanted to try them ive done some research and ive seen some stuff where you can have a small school of them in a 10g with other fish and they do just fine.

That might be too much for a ten gallon tank, rummy nose tetras get about 3 inches long and need to be in schools of at least 5.

Shrimp are the best clean up crew IMO, they breed in almost any aquarium and they can tell you in advance if something is wrong. To keep cats happy you can't have anything else they need to be in schools of at least 5. Try to focus on more of community tank, where every one is specially fitted to each other and the kind of tank you want to keep.

I have 3 cories and they are happy and school together..you wouldn't need 5, but the more you could have..obviously the better.

I think im gonna go with

1 dwarf gourami
3-4 dwarf corys
5 glo-fish

Just wanna get some opinions on it first..... Doing this take for my mother she wants it as her Mother's Day gift she picked out the stock.

Back
Top Bottom