10 gallon tank and water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonkeyMonk86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How does everyone handle this part? Is everyone running a spare 10 gallon empty tank to get fresh conditioned water in their aquarium? All the dosing for chlorine... Etc. minimal dose is 10 gallons.

The only thing I can figure, long term, is an empty 10 gallon to fill up and dose for the water changes.

Thanks in advance for your help!

When dosing dechlorinator during a wc, you dose the full tank amount. You can add the dechlorinator before you fill the tank back up

I just add Prime to my bucket of new water. I only dose the amount that I'm adding before I add it. Otherwise I'm wasting Prime. I have small tanks so this works for me. 2 drops per gallon.

I just pull out 50% of the water, start adding the new water to the tank and at the same time add a full 10g dose to the tank.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you all so very much! I didn't know you could add the dechlorimator ahead of time.

And thanks for the advise that it's 2 drops prime per gallon.

Yes, thank you, all! For my cycled evolve2. I've used 3 quart pitchers and waited 5 minutes for dechlorinator to work before adding to the tank. I didn't realize I could add the dechlorinator 1st and then the water.

Since your using prime, you can safety overdose up to 5x with no concerns incase you don't wanna measure as well

Just remember, dose the full tank for prime during a wc which for a 10g is 1mL

But you don't HAVE to dose for 10g if you're only adding 5g of new water.
I add Prime to my new water, it works instantly, then I pour conditioned tap water into my tanks.

If I was running a hose to fill tank, then yes, I would dose entire volume of tank just in case.

I'm on a tight budget so I use the dropper top bottle and refill with larger bottle as needed.

Back
Top Bottom