10 gallon tank plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The rosy reds may get large. I put some in a small (50g) ornamental preformed pond a few summers ago and they are doing fine...and growing. About double the size from when got them as feeder fish from one of the big box stores. I feed them occasionally but they seem find things to eat (they are always nibbling on the tank surfaces) plus it is full of snails, algae, moss. Over wintered no problem (Virginia). They share the pond with mosquito fish.

Normally aren't feeder fish more prone to sickness that can spread to the the other fish because of poor breeding ?

If you are wanting to do species only with American Flagfish, I would do one. I hear they are aggressive.

If you are wanting to do species only with American Flagfish, I would do one. I hear they are aggressive.

I'm just going to get females because they're not as aggressive as the males and can be toghether , I'm only getting 3 though

Normally aren't feeder fish more prone to sickness that can spread to the the other fish because of poor breeding ?

Depends on the conditions they are kept in. But from what I have seen I'd prolly agree with you on that.
The rosy reds went directly into a small uninhabited garden pond with a hardy lily and lotus about 2 years ago. Did not want regular minnows because with their coloration I'd never see them. The rosy reds are quite visible.

The rosy reds may get large. I put some in a small (50g) ornamental preformed pond a few summers ago and they are doing fine...and growing. About double the size from when got them as feeder fish from one of the big box stores. I feed them occasionally but they seem find things to eat (they are always nibbling on the tank surfaces) plus it is full of snails, algae, moss. Over wintered no problem (Virginia). They share the pond with mosquito fish.

Ahh, mosquito fish. The fish that don't die. :D
I kept some in a small, 2ish gallon tank that was not cycled (they must have cycled it), with very few water changes (one 50% water change every 2 months), and no filter! But that was when I was younger and had no idea about fish.

Back
Top Bottom