10 Gallon tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oooo I'm gunna go google what those look like and I'll get back lol

Slightly newbish.

5 Gallon Betta Tank

Look up endler guppies. They are some pretty fish. Not as big of tails as other guppies but they are cool fish. I had one endler male guppy before. He was awesome looking. I would get some endler male guppies. Most small fish like neon tetras like to be in a school so for a 10 gallon it would not be ideal to put any other fish. Smaller tanks are just better for one type of fish. Not a community. I'm sorry. I know the feeling. I upgraded to a 50gallon because I wanted different types of fish. Don't get male and female guppies though. Unless you want to buy more aquariums. I made that mistake. Which I had a disease outbreak and luckily had babies in a different aquarium. In the process still of making sure everything is cleared up so I can just separate all my male and female guppies. Males are prettier anyways! :) if you get you a 25 gallon or something I'd say get some glolight tetras to put with them though. They are neat looking in the right lighting. I've got 5 of them. I started with 7 but like I said, my tank got infected. They are small and much easier to keep alive than neon tetras. I could never keep them alive!

I don't think the CPDs will work for my tank sadly, but thanks for the idea. I think I'm going to go for Guppys, rasboras, and possibly one more fish that can live alone and is good with both of those.

I do see how the small tank would not work for a community tank, but I am getting a new larger tank by the end of this year.

The tetras only sometimes are compatable with the guppys and Id rather not risk anything to the guppys. I do plan on only getting male guppys in 2-3 different colourations as I would love to get some nice colours in there, mainly 1 dark colour, 2 orange, and 2 blue of those would work together. I was also thinking of getting 1 regular rasbora and 1 Galaxy rasbora(unless those are CPDs? I read something like that) and they all work with the snails I plan on adding into the tank after about 2 weeks.

Another fish I was thinking was getting 1 or 2 Molly's, do they need to be in schools and are there more colours of them? I've seen they go with everything I'm adding so I was curious.

And one more question, off the topic of this- would those nails also be able to sustain in a 5 gallon betta tank?
Slightly newbish.

5 Gallon Betta Tank

Glolight tetras are fine to put in with guppies. I have guppies, 3 rosy tetras, 5 glolight tetras, and a mickey mouse platy all in the same aquarium and they do great together. Guppies handle a wide range of water parameters. But all of those fish require a warmer temperature of water. I keep my tank at 78F. I think you should just get some male guppies for now and then after you get a larger tank expand. Male guppies can come in a variety of colors. I will try to get some pictures of some of the ones I have that my female guppies had. They are pretty.

Alright thank you very much c: now I'm debating between tetras and rasboras

Slightly newbish.

5 Gallon Betta Tank

Galaxy rasboras are, CPDs, and they do best in schools, like 5-10 fish. But don't worry they only max out at I think 1"
And if you don't like them, I would recommend endlers, they have some cool designs, like the tiger endlers

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424835915.868004.jpg
Here is a picture of one of the male guppies. I know it's a little hard to see all the black lines but he is really pretty with the red tail and black lines and he has blue on him too!

Glolight tetras are fine to put in with guppies. I have guppies, 3 rosy tetras, 5 glolight tetras, and a mickey mouse platy all in the same aquarium and they do great together. Guppies handle a wide range of water parameters. But all of those fish require a warmer temperature of water. I keep my tank at 78F. I think you should just get some male guppies for now and then after you get a larger tank expand. Male guppies can come in a variety of colors. I will try to get some pictures of some of the ones I have that my female guppies had. They are pretty.

How big of a tank is this?

Those are so pretty. So wait- do CPDs and guppys work well together? Because in that case I might get 5 of each, and the endlers are so gorgeous! Are there different kinds of endlers?

Also do the CPDs have colour variations at all?

Slightly newbish.

5 Gallon Betta Tank

I would recommend doing a school of CPDs, and no, they are just that color. And some endlers, and the endlers have many different breeds. But most are hybrids, such as the Tigers, which are hybrids of endlers and guppies

Are there any other danios that would work with the endlers? Sorry for so many questions again. Also 5 and 5 would be about max right?

Slightly newbish.

5 Gallon Betta Tank

The guppies may try to eat the CPDs, but I'm not sure. I just wouldn't recommend it, as I'd hate for that to happen

Go to aqadvisor.com, type in your tank size, filter model, and then select the species of fish. It will then give you suggestions base on stock, and it will give you a stocking level. Come back when you have i stocking list that you like, and we can help you more from there on.

Keegster803 I have a 50 gallon tank and a 35 gallon tank. Plus 2 other 10 gallon tanks. I have plenty of aquariums. Most of those I have in my main 50 gallon. Some are in my 35. And my 10 gallons are baby guppies. I don't overstock and I have mass amounts of filters running and airstones.

Okay. So Right now the only thing I have settled for sure are the endlers/guppys. I'm really looking for striking colours so should I just go for a bigger school of those?

Slightly newbish.

5 Gallon Betta Tank

They really are, how many of them would I be able to fit in a 10 Gallon?

Slightly newbish.

5 Gallon Betta Tank

Guppies don't really have to be in a school. But when you have male guppies in a tank together it creates a very beautiful aquarium! I recommend guppies. Just not males and females together. They breed uncontrollably and females don't just get pregnant and give birth and then not be pregnant anymore. They can store the male fishes sperm up to 3 months! Which means even if you were to remove her from the aquarium in hopes she would not have anymore babies, she can potentially have more anyways! It's insane

Back
Top Bottom