10 gallon tank started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nouse4aname07

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I started a 10 gallon tank with 5 tiger barb fish, 1 bala shark, and 1 Iridescent Shark. I also have 2 live plants in the takn. The tiger barbs seem to not swim all around the tank and just stay in 1 section of the tank, they move around when i put food in, Same with the bala shark theyd otn swim all around. What could be the cause of this?

AFter watching the fish, I tried taking out the iridescent shark out and the barbs started to move out into the open tank more. now that i put them back in they are still staying in 1 corner, Why would they do that?

They are probably worried about the iridescent shark. is it alot larger in size than the barbs?

Have you seen the shark ack out agressivly toward the barbs?

The Bala Shark will quickly outgrow a 10 gallon tank. I had 3 Bala Sharks in a 45 that were all over 12" long and lived about 14 years.

How long has your tank been set up and what kind of test results are you getting?

:(, I want other cool fish to keep with my barbs. Anyone recomend anything? I dont like how they fish stay in 1 section of the tank, I might get rid of both sharks. Do you think if i got bigger barbs the smaller ones would feel comfortablen and swim around?

Well, dosnt your irradesent shark swim against the glass a lot? Dont get rid of the bala unless you are planning not to get a bigger aquarium in the future, theyre great fish. The irradesent sharks actually arent very good aquarium fish, consitering they grow up to like 6 feet in the wild.

I want to keep both, and yes he swims against the glass, theres only 1 of him, and one bala, do i need another bala shark, also the tiger barbs are still staying in section of the tank, me no like :evil:

ahh sorry that sounded a little harsh, i meant more that they wouldnt be good with the rest of your fish and will grow(not to 6 feet in a home aquarium of course).

Back
Top Bottom