10 gallon tank stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I kept CPPDs in a breeding tank and they stayed pretty well to the plants on one side. I've since also heard that in a community setting they are very active and need lateral room (I think it was Happygirl). So, I'm not sure. The Dwarf Rasboras would work. You can also check out Dwarf Hatchets. We have a school of 5 in an 8G semi-column tank and they're a blast.

I'll probably go with the Dwarf Rasboras, they seem pretty colorful :). Theres too many choices!!! lol

(BTW I put up a thread with pictures of the little toadlets in the lounge portion if you haven't noticed)

Neons would work fine as long as they're from good stock (harder and harder to find lately).

I think I have to quit the stocking idea thing cold turkey. Just going to leave it at:

- 3 Sparkling Gouramis (Trichopsis pumia)(1 male 2 females)
- 5 Dwarf Rasboras (Boraras maculatus)
- 5 Pygmy Corydoras (Corydoras pygmaeus)

After the tank is finished cycling which fish should I start with for the first two months or so? The Sparkling Gourami? Or the Dwarf Rasboras?

I would add the cories last. Pygmies can be a bit hard to keep and the more established the tank, the better. Among the other two species, I really don't think it will matter which comes first.

Back
Top Bottom