100$ petco giftcard what to buy for my 55 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dylan5359

Aquarium Advice Addict
I won 3rd place in that petco contest. It was when you enter you summit a picture and a story of your dog and what you do to make sure they have a good life and stuff. I entered my shetland sheepdog (best friend) Cleo into the contest she got 1160 votes! I won a gift basket of food for her, 100$ gift card to the pet spa, 100$ gift card to petco itself. I'm so happy! Cleo gets some new toys and some good food! I was originally going to spend the full 100$ on her but the gift basket comes with so much I'd just be wasting money,
So here I ask you guys , what should I buy for my 55 gallon, I have the tank itself, a light, a hood and a 200 watt heater. I was thinking of buying a new light + hood bc it's old and doesn't look like it'll last very long.
What should I do with the rest?

I won 3rd place in that petco contest. It was when you enter you summit a picture and a story of your dog and what you do to make sure they have a good life and stuff. I entered my shetland sheepdog (best friend) Cleo into the contest she got 1160 votes! I won a gift basket of food for her, 100$ gift card to the pet spa, 100$ gift card to petco itself. I'm so happy! Cleo gets some new toys and some good food! I was originally going to spend the full 100$ on her but the gift basket comes with so much I'd just be wasting money,
So here I ask you guys , what should I buy for my 55 gallon, I have the tank itself, a light, a hood and a 200 watt heater. I was thinking of buying a new light + hood bc it's old and doesn't look like it'll last very long.
What should I do with the rest?

If it were me, I would use the gift certificate to offset the price of the more expensive items, like a couple of good filters. Most other things you can get a few at a time, but filters are very important. They can cost a quite a bit, depending on which filters you get.

Okay. Thanks. Still would have a bit extra (depending on what filter I get), I'd probably buy gravel with the rest.

buy the expensive plants and decoration, also buy some expensive fish like the black fin shark, and other awesome fish

you are so lucky:mad::):(:p:eek:

:puppydogeyes: can i have some :puppydogeyes:
hahahahaha :band:

Hey they got 40% off deluxe tank kits right now....MTS? lol

If you still have the dog ( the one of th story) don't forget abou him! He deserves also a prize from Petco, using the gift card to buy something also for him is justice.

If you don't have a filter for you 55g, go that direction. An AC110 would give you great filtration and still leave you a few bucks to spend on other things.

Get two of the 20g Highs that were on sale for $50/ea! :)

Seriously though, congrats on winning and don't forget about the poochie! :)

ejaramillo01 said:
If you still have the dog ( the one of th story) don't forget abou him! He deserves also a prize from Petco, using the gift card to buy something also for him is justice.

That's what. Wanted to do originally. But to prize came with toys, food, 100$ gift card to the groomers, a 100$ gift card to petco. Shes also spoiled rotten! :) so there's really nothing I can think of. She has an agility set that she loves also. So might as well use it on something.

you said you might buy new lights. My tank came with LEDs and if you aren't planning on growing real plants they're awesome. The lighting makes the tank look crystal clear compared to all other tanks I've owned before. just a thought... :)

Back
Top Bottom